Ghanaian rapper Teephlow is in his hometown, Cape Coast for a ‘Thank You’ tour following his award at the 2018 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
The tour which starts today is expected to cover a visit to the Central Regional Minister, the Oguaman Hene, and end with a float and party for the people of Cape Coast.
Out of three nominations he had at this year’s VGMAs, he won Record of the Year with ‘State of the Art,’ one of the hit singles taken off his ‘Phlowducation’ EP.
‘Phlowducation’ is a strictly hard core rap album that accentuates the dynamics of urban Hip hop culture and lyricism. It was in the Top 10 selling albums on Aftown.com for at about 10 weeks after its release.
Teephlow is the first Artiste to have won an award for the label, SpyderLee Entertainment.
The rapper who was discovered in the ‘Next Big Thing’ music talent hunt in which he came second, has been one of the few young musicians from the Central Region winning great spurs on the international scene.
He has produced songs like ‘Enter,’ ‘The Warning,’ ‘Koomi,’ ‘Dede’ and ‘God Bless You.’
His tour to Cape Coast starts today, Thursday, April 19, 2018 and ends on Saturday, April 21, 2018.
Below is the schedule:
- Thursday, April 19, 2018.
– 10:00am: Meeting of the Oguaaman Hene and his subject at Emintsimadze Palace
– 4:00pm: Meeting with the Regional Minister at the Residency.
– 10:00am: Special Guest at the launch of Cape Coast Fetu Afehye Festival at Ato Huston Gardens
– 7:00am: ‘Thank You Float’ through the principal streets of Cape Coast.
– 8:00pm: Party at Presidential Palace (Club Party)
By: Kwame Dadzie/citinewsroom.com/Ghana