The CEO of the Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors (CBOD), Senyo Hosi, has sued the NPP MP for Assin Central Ken Agyapong for defamation.
He also joined Agyapong’s media house Kencity Media Limited and the Deputy Executive Director of the Microfinance and Small Loans Centre (MASLOC), Afia Akoto in the suit.
Mr. Hosi is suing for Gh¢9 million – GHc 5 million from Agyapong, GHc3 million from Kencity and GHc1 million from Afia Akoto.
Mr. Hosi gave the MP a 24-hour ultimatum to apologise and retract allegations of corruption and bribery against him, but failed to comply.
Below is the reliefs sought by Senyo Hosi:
• An order for an unconditional retraction and an unqualified apology for the said defamatory comments/broadcast/publication, doing so separately and in the Daily Graphic newspapers, and for same to be given equal prominence as the complained comments/broadcast/publication within 14 days from the day of judgment.
• An order that the contents of relief (i) above be subject to the prior approval of plaintiff, and for defendants to personally and separately read out same on all media networks mentioned in paragraphs 7 and 15 above and doing so within 14 days from the day of judgment.
• An order of perpetual injunction restraining defendants from any further comments of said complained defamation.
• General damages for defamation.
• Aggravated or exemplary damages for the malicious defamation.
• Compensatory damages of GHc5, 000,000.00 for injury to character and integrity against 1 defendant.
• Compensatory damages of GHc3, 000,000.00 for injury to character and integrity against 2 defendants.
• Compensatory damages of GHc1, 000,000.00 for injury to character and integrity against 3 defendants.
• Costs, including legal fees.
• Further or other reliefs.
Published on 5 July 2017 | 1:42 pm at Source