GAS explosion at Mankessim bakery – Starr Fm


A bakery in Mankessim in the Central region has been ravaged by fire after a gas explosion Wednesday dawn.

No injuries or deaths have been recorded yet by personnel of the Ghana National Fires Service after their timely invention averted what could have been another carnage caused by gas explosion in the country .

The inferno according to the fire service was as a result of a gas leakage in the room that serves as the bakery.

The inferno started around 4:30am when a worker wanted to light one of the cylinders to begin the day’s bread production.

She noticed the fire and raised an alarm which resulted in a distress call to the fire service who were stationed some 300 meters away from the incident site.

All the equipment used for the production of bread were burnt to ashes, an eyewitness told Starr News.

The explosion comes a day after the Municipal Chief Executive of Mankessim ordered the closure of some fuel stations in the area.

 

Source: Ghana/Starrfmonline.com/103.5FM/Kwaku Baah-Acheamfuor



Published on 11 October 2017 | 10:22 am at Source